TOGETHER, WE CAN HEAL OUR COMMUNITY.
What would happen in our homes, our schools, our workplaces, and our places of worship
if we were more equipped to serve those who have experienced trauma?
Building a Trauma-Informed Community Conference
Saturday, March 28, 2020
from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Rose Drive Friends Church – Yorba Linda
4221 Rose Dr, Yorba Linda, CA 92886
About the Conference:
Learn more about the impacts of trauma through an informative and interactive day of training with education, resources, and tools that will equip you and your environment to serve the most vulnerable among us.
The day will include main sessions, tailored breakouts, and community connections that will provide opportunities to discover the most effective and impactful ways to combat and overcome the harm of trauma and adverse childhood experiences.
This event will supercharge you and your staff, ministry teams, and caregivers with both the knowledge, resources, and tools as you serve!
Topics and sessions include:
- Understanding ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences) and the role of resilience
- The Prevalence and Impact of Trauma
- An overview of TBRI® (Trust-Based Relational Interventions)
- How to Build a Trauma-Informed Environment
- How to Sustain Trauma-Informed Care
- Practical Tools for your specific environment
- A screening of the film RESILIENCE
- Lunch, snacks, materials, and a screening of the film RESILIENCE are included with your registration.
- During registration, all conference participants must select either Self-Care (physical practices) or Resiliency (mental practices) for the Sustaining Trauma-Informed Care Workshop
Contact Renae M. Dupuis, Program Director & Trauma Specialist at email@example.com
$40/person (earlybird $30)
Scholarship, volunteer, and group tickets available
New for 2020!
Pre-Conference Event – Add-on
Friday, March 27, 2020 (Day before main conference)
Join us for an all-day TBRI (Trust-Based Relational Intervention) Caregiver Training!
This eight-hour pre-conference event offers in-depth training for caregivers (Foster/Adoptive/Kinship Parents, Ministry workers, Teachers, Social Workers, Childcare providers, and anyone who intersects with Children from Hard Places) of children with trauma-based behavioral issues.
The training will introduce caregivers to the research and methods developed by Dr. Karyn Purvis and her colleague Dr. David Cross, the founders of the Institute of Child Development at Texas Christian University. Participants will learn how to use Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI ) through problem-solving scenarios to develop practical skills to build a stronger caregiver-child connection, which leads to better behavior. Taught by TBRI Practitioner Renae M. Dupuis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Friday, March 27, 2020
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Rose Drive Friends Church, Yorba Linda
- Individual Tickets – $15
- Foster/Adoptive/Kinship Parent Tickets – FREE with discount code (please contact Renae at email@example.com for code)
Ticket prices include admission to Friday, March 27th pre-conference, materials, meals, and snacks.