Building a Trauma-Informed Environment Workshop
Parents, Ministry workers, Teachers, Social Workers, Childcare providers, and anyone who intersects with Children who are Healing from Trauma, please join us at this important introductory Trauma-Informed Care workshop to:
- Learn about the prevalence of trauma and its impact on the brain
- Hear an overview of TBRI® (Trust-Based Relational Interventions) and learn more about the principles that will help you to build a connected and safe environment for children from hard places
- Takeaway tools & interventions for home, church, classroom, or agency use
TBRI® is a holistic approach that is multi-disciplinary, flexible, attachment-centered, trauma-informed intervention that is designed to meet the complex needs of children from “hard places”, such as maltreatment, abuse, neglect, multiple home placements, and violence.
TBRI® uses connecting principles for attachment needs, empowering principles to address physical needs, and correcting principles to disarm fear-based behaviors. The principles are designed for use with children and youth of all ages and all risk levels.
- Saturday, August 14, 2021 | 8:30AM-12:30PM (PST)
- Saturday, November 13, 2021 | 8:30AM-12:30PM (PST)
Online via Zoom or in-person at OC United (link or address sent following registration)
$15 ticket. Scholarships available.