Partner with us to serve RESPITE families!
FACT: 50% of foster families quit within the first year, with an average of 35% quitting the 2nd year.
FACT: Divorce rates are reported to be higher in families that have adopted than in the general population.
This is not because families aren’t “cut out” to foster or adopt – it is because caring for a child from a hard place is an investment that requires community support! The cost to families that work to create healing environments for vulnerable children is felt at an emotional, physical, spiritual, relational, and financial level.
One of the things that the RESPITE program does is to provide Resources, Support, and Education to Parents who have said “yes” to that child and the cost. We have launched several programs to meet the whole family’s needs, including our recent in-home support program.
With over 250 families involved in the RESPITE program, the needs are beyond what a Program Director can meet without more resources, which is why we are introducing the opportunity to partner with RESPITE to provide case management and direct support to families.
The Whole Family Partnership will ensure that each family that needs tools, resources, emotional, and educational support will have a dedicated case manager to empower and equip them to continue in the work of caring for the most vulnerable in our midst.
Whole Family Partnership Details
At least $90 per month, requesting at least a one-year commitment when possible
Each partnership will provide one (1) family:
- Individual Case Management
- 3 monthly touchpoints of regular direct support (in-home when appropriate)
- Parent coaching and family nurture groups
- RESPITE Resiliency Toolkit
- Linkage services to local partners
- Priority Access to OC United Resource Hub
- Priority Access to RESPITE Lending Library and take-home materials
- Free Parent Trainings (many with childcare)
- Support Group Opportunities (with childcare)
- Parent/Child/Family Wellness Opportunities
When you become a partner, you will become part of the support network for that family and will receive regular updates and/or success stories on the positive impact your contribution is making.
If you are ready to enter into this partnership to meet this essential need, please:
- Click on the DONATE button above (upper right corner of page)
- Enter $90 (or more) into the second box
- Select “Donate to Respite” on the 1st pulldown menu
- Select “Monthly” on the last pulldown menu
- Follow the steps to complete your donation
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to your participation in this important and vital work.
If you have any questions, would like to make a one-time donation, or volunteer, please feel free to contact RESPITE Program Director, Renae M. Dupuis at email@example.com or 714-515-3094.