"Serve Locally" Projects
SERVE WITH YOUR COMMUNITY
COWORKERS, MINISTRY TEAM, SMALL GROUP…
“SERVE LOCALLY” Projects
Over the past few years, we have had a large volume of businesses, churches, and organizations interested in serving TOGETHER with OC United. In the past, we have suggested that they serve with us in one-time capacities at our “Love Fullerton City-Wide Serve Day”, at our PumpkinRun5K, Golf Tournament, or through other one-time community service activities (such as cleaning up red-tagged homes, beautifying our former-foster youth housing facilities, and more). It is our desire to maximize the experience for groups who come to serve with us.
Our goal is that everyone who serves with OC United…
1. Feels like they have made a difference in their community,
2. Learns about the realities for at-risk populations in our community, and leaves feeling more equipped to serve,
3. Makes a personal connection with someone at OC United (such as a program participant, regular volunteer, or staff member), and
4. Makes a “next step” by becoming a regular volunteer, becoming a donor, or signing up for an upcoming event either at OC United or another community organization.
In response to these desires, we are testing out half-day and full-day “Serve Locally Project” (name pending) that include an introduction to OC United, a trauma-informed training / workshop, tangible service project(s), testimony from a program director or participant, and of course time to connect and process over food and coffee! Attached below is a sample schedule for such an event.
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM: Introduction at OC United
- 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM: Understanding Trauma Lesson / TBRI / Trauma Informed Environment
- 10:30 AM – 11:00 AM: Introduction to your project
- 11:00 AM – 12:00 AM: Put together kits for program participants
- 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM: Lunchtime
- 1:15 PM – 3:15 PM: Work with Red-Tagged Home
- 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM: Follow-Up Testimony
- 4:30 PM – 5:00 PM: Wrap-Up
It is our desire to empower as many people in our community to make a difference and step into the gap for those who have experienced the breakdown of the family unit and to leave transformed.
If you are interested in such an opportunity, email email@example.com.