Empowered to Connect | Connect Course - Winter 2019
Empowered To Connect (ETC) Parent Training is an interactive learning experience designed with the experience of adoptive and foster parents in mind. ETC Parent Training equips parents with a holistic understanding of their child’s needs and development while empowering them with the tools and strategies to effectively meet those needs, build trust, and help their child heal and grow. This important Parent Training will begin on April 17 — and you are invited to participate. This nine-week training course will meet on Wednesday nights, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm, at OC United, 434/436 W. Commonwealth Avenue, Fullerton, CA.
Connect Course Dates: April 17, 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, June 5, 12
If you are interested in joining us for the next Southern California Training, please fill out the interest form below to receive the Pre-training Assessment for Registration.
REGISTRATION FOR SPRING 2019 Class is now OPEN.
Limited childcare spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Open, complete, and attach the OCU Childcare Waiver in the registration form below.
The Connect Course includes the following sessions:
- Building a Foundation of Connection
- Understanding What Your Child Brings to the Relationship
- Examining What You Bring to the Relationship (Parts 1-2)
- Discovering the Heart of Connection – Attachment
- Focusing on the Needs of the Whole Child
- Putting It All Together: Connecting While Correcting (Parts 1-3)
- The Connected Child (2007), by Karyn Purvis, David Cross and Wendy Sunshine
- Parenting Is Your Highest Calling: And Eight Other Myths That Trap Us in Worry and Guilt (2008), by Leslie Leyland Fields
- Anatomy of the Soul (2010), by Curt Thompson
- Nurturing Adoptions (Second Ed., 2012), by Deborah Gray
- The Whole-Brain Child (2011), by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- The Out-of-Sync Child (Revised Ed., 2006), by Carol Kranowitz