SERVING FOSTER, ADOPTIVE, AND KINSHIP FAMILIES
CARING FOR THE CAREGIVER
RAF partners with foster, adoptive, and kinship caregivers in order to provide them with much needed resources, education, and connection.
- Parent Coaching + Family Support Plans
- Linkage Services (Let us help you find the right resources!
- Trauma-Informed Trainings
- Community Building Events (Caregiver Night Outs, Park Days, Self-Care Events … childcare!)
Contact Stacie MacDonald
(Resource & Adoptive Family Support Advocate)
at email@example.com or 657-387-8852
FOR FOSTER PARENTS,
BY FOSTER PARENTS
Welcoming children from hard places into your home is wonderful and complex, bringing both beauty and loss. It requires you to say “yes” to caring for them daily – we understand how incredible and difficult this can be.
Caregiving is Complicated. We know what it’s like to care for children from hard places and want to connect you to resources and community. We want to support you whether it be phone call check-ins, Sunday evening support group, a self-care night, or helping to find the right therapist for your kiddo.
Family Needs Assessment
Please fill out our Needs Assessment Form so we can provide support!
BECOME A PARTNER
Get involved with the RAF Program and step into the gap for foster / adoptive / kinship families and caregivers!
- BOOK A TRAINING OR WORKSHOP: You can book a Trauma-Informed Environment or TBRI® (Trust Based Relational Intervention) Training at YOUR business, organization, school, or church. Email Renae at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VOLUNTEER: Join our Trauma-Informed Childcare Team so parents can attend trainings, workshops, and other programs! Fill out a volunteer application today!
- INTERN: Learn and grow with the OC United RESPITE Program! Roles include case management, working with children & families, community engagement, program coordination, marketing, and more! Email to Apply
- WHOLE FAMILY PARTNERSHIP: Become a Whole Family Partner, providing wraparound and tangible support to RESPITE families through a $90/month donation commitment.
- RESOURCE LIBRARY: Help us fill our Family Resource Library by purchasing books on our Amazon Wish List.
- CARE COMMUNITIES: Join a Care Community and become a tangible support to a family! Learn more HERE.
Scroll down to view / register for upcoming events.
- Resource/Adoptive Family Support Group (2 Sundays/month – 7:30pm) – register HERE
- RESPITE Trans-Racial Adoption and Foster Care Support and Learning Group (3rd Mondays)
7:30 PM – 9:00 PM, Online – Register HERE!
ENROLLING IN CHILDCARE?
OC United Childcare Waivers are required to enroll in trauma-informed childcare. Download and complete the OCU Childcare Waiver HERE
UPCOMING EVENTS & TRAININGS
Click on any of the buttons below to register for an upcoming event!
Trans-Racial Adoption + Foster Care Support Group
3rd Monday of the Month (7:30-9:00pm)Register
PARENT AND CAREGIVER TRAININGS
- TBRI ® (Trust-Based Relational Intervention) Caregiver Trainings
- Session #1 – Introduction & Overview
- Session #2 – Empowering Principles
- Session #3 – Connecting Principles
- Session #4 – Correcting Principles
- Session #5 – TBRI Skills Lab
- Empowered To Connect (ETC) Parent Training – designed as an interactive learning experience specifically for current and prospective adoptive and foster parents. The CONNECT Course (9 weeks) and PREPARE Course (6 weeks) in an interactive small group environment that meets weekly for about two hours.
- Parenting Workshops – Training on specific topics to build strong families and healthy children.
- Saddleback College – Foster & Kinship Care Education Parenting Classes FREE parenting classes
WELLNESS & RESILIENCY
- Making Sense of Your Worth – 8-week class
- Parent & Adult Wellness Circles
- Teen Wellness Circles
- Teen Compass
- Anchored Bible Study on Self Worth – 10-week class
- Trauma-Sensitive and Restorative Yoga Classes – Trauma-Sensitive Holy Yoga class for:
- parents of Foster, Adoptive, and Kinship children to address caregiver stress and secondary trauma
- kids healing from trauma
- anyone intersecting with the care children healing from trauma to address caregiver stress and secondary trauma
- Family Wellness Workshop – Introductory workshop class for parents & children in Foster/Adoption/Kinship families. Highlighting Wellness and Resiliency skills for families.
- Caseworker/Therapist/Caregiver Workshop – Introductory trauma-sensitive workshop class for caseworkers, therapists, and caregivers who support Foster/Adoption/Kinship families.
PARENT & FAMILY DIRECT SUPPORT
- Parent Mentoring – Linking parent mentors and mentees to provide one-to-one support.
- Parent Connection Night – Nights out (childcare included) with brief Educational components to connect parents to spouses and others in the community.
- Dude’s Night Out – last Wednesday of each month – 6:30-8:30pm – ON HIATUS
- Online Community & Education – Providing resources, tools, discussion, and education for families in an online community group.
CONNECT AT www.facebook.com/groups/RESPITE.OCUnited
- Resource Library – Books, Videos, and other educational material to Parents and Caregivers to support parenting and the healing process.
- Support Group – Regular educational and support group meetings for caregivers.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & TRAININGS
- Trauma-Informed Environments Workshops – 4-hour Trauma-Informed Introductory Training with overview of TBRI® (Trust-Based Relational Interventions)
- Children’s Ministry Trauma-Informed Training – 2-hour Trauma-Informed Care training for Children’s Ministry programs to introduce TBRI principles.
- Friends & Family Training – Short training to introduce ETC & TBRI principles to Friends and Family of families with kids from hard places.