What we do
THRIVE comes alongside former-foster and under-resourced young adults as they transition into adulthood.
We combine practical resources and relational support as we navigate school, work, and inter-personal life with our young adults.
We care deeply about the young adults we serve and believe that it is through meaningful relationships that long-term change occurs.
- Community for former-foster & under-resourced young adults
- Educational support (e.g., tutoring, navigating financial aid, partnerships with local colleges & universities)
- Life-skills and workforce development
- Free mental health services
- One-on-one case management
- Emotional & spiritual support
- Safe and affordable housing
THRIVE NIGHT COMMUNITY
Relax, connect, and grow together.
Each night includes dinner and games or a life-skills workshop.
- 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- 1st & 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Open to former-foster & under-resourced young adults
- OC United’s back office space – 436 W. Commonwealth Ave. Fullerton, CA 92832
We provide individualized case management that focuses on 8 areas of adulthood. Our Support Advocates help you gain the knowledge, awareness, skills, and resources to reach your goals.
- Housing & Transportation
- Life Skills
- Personal Identity
- Relationships & Community
Our case management is based out of a relationship with you, built from mutual trust, integrity, and reliability.
Providing home and community for a healthy and confident transition to self-sufficiency.
- Affordable, Comfortable, and Safe Housing
- Financial Savings Program
- One-on-one Case Management for Residents
- Therapeutic and Emotional Support
- Independent Living Skills & Development
- Financial Literacy & Budgeting
- Educational / Academic Support
- Job and Career Development
- Health and Wellness Focus
“THRIVE has been amazing for me. It’s allowed me to go to college and not have to worry... or live in my car. I’ve changed a lot over the past year. OC United has provided so many opportunities and really just supports you along the way. I couldn’t thank them enough.”
J. (THRIVE Resident, 2016-2021)
Meet our Team
B.A. Interpersonal & Organizational Communication
30 years, County of Orange Children & Family Services
ACE’s Qualified Educator
B.A. Social Work
Masters in Social Work