WHOLE CHILD, WHOLE FAMILY, WHOLE COMMUNITY
CARING FOR THE CAREGIVER
RESPITE provides care for foster / adoptive / kinship families and the community around them. We equip and support families and communities to engage in healing children from hard places.
We provide support groups, parent trainings, date nights, wellness classes, and trauma-informed trainings. RESPITE also provides trainings, tools, and classroom interventions to support educate our community to become trauma-sensitive!
RESPITE stands for
Resources, Education, and Support for Parents
Interventions for Trauma-Sensitive Environments
an interval of rest or relief from something difficult or overwhelming
FOR FOSTER / ADOPTIVE / KINSHIP FAMILIES:
We see you and we are here for you! We have a number of resources available including a Needs Assessment Form and Facebook Community so that you can receive support.
- RESPITE NEEDS ASSESSMENT: Please fill out our Needs Assessment Form so we can provide support!
- FACEBOOK COMMUNITY: Join our Facebook Community and become part of a community of fellow foster / adoptive / kinship parents and caregivers.
- QUESTIONS? Contact Stacie MacDonald (RESPITE Coordinator and Case Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-387-8852 or Renae M. Dupuis (Director of Trauma and Whole-Person Care) at email@example.com or 714-515-3094.
~ SCROLL DOWN ~
TO VIEW CURRENT & UPCOMING EVENTS
BECOME A PARTNER
Get involved with the RESPITE Program and step into the gap for foster / adoptive / kinship families and caregivers!
- BOOK A TRAINING OR WORKSHOP: You can book a Trauma-Informed Environment or TBRI® (Trust Based Relational Intervention) Training at YOUR business, organization, school, or church. Email Renae at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VOLUNTEER: Join our Trauma-Informed Childcare Team so parents can attend trainings, workshops, and other programs! Fill out a volunteer application today!
- INTERN: Learn and grow with the OC United RESPITE Program! Roles include case management, working with children & families, community engagement, program coordination, marketing, and more! Email to Apply
- WHOLE FAMILY PARTNERSHIP: Become a Whole Family Partner, providing wraparound and tangible support to RESPITE families through a $90/month donation commitment.
- RESOURCE LIBRARY: Help us fill our Family Resource Library by purchasing books on our Amazon Wish List.
- CARE COMMUNITIES: Join a Care Community and become a tangible support to a family! Learn more HERE..
Scroll down to view / register for upcoming events.
- RESPITE Support Group (2nd & 4th Sundays)
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM, Online – Register HERE!
ENROLLING IN CHILDCARE?
OC United Childcare Waivers are required to enroll for trauma-informed childcare. Download and complete the OCU Childcare Waiver HERE
Contact Renae M. Dupuis
(OC United, Trauma-Specialist & Program Director)
at email@example.com or 714-515-3094.
UPCOMING EVENTS & TRAININGS
Click on any of the buttons below to register for an upcoming event!
Trauma-Informed Environments Workshop (ONLINE)
Saturday, November 7, 2020 (8:30am - 12:30pm)Register
Adult Wellness Circle
Sundays, October 25 - November 29 (1:30-3:00pm)Register
TBRI Skills Lab
Saturday, November 14 (9am-5pm)Register
Rituals & Routines That Create Safe Homes | FKCE Parenting Class
Tuesday, December 1 (6-8pm)Register
Making Sense of Your Worth (ONLINE)
Wednesdays, Jan 6, 13, 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 17, 24 (6:00pm - 8:00pm)Register
Social Media & Cyber Safety | FKCE Parenting Class
Tuesday, January 5, 2021 (6-8pm)Register
PARENT AND CAREGIVER TRAININGS
- TBRI ® (Trust-Based Relational Intervention) Caregiver Trainings
- Session #1 – Introduction & Overview
- Session #2 – Empowering Principles
- Session #3 – Connecting Principles
- Session #4 – Correcting Principles
- Empowered To Connect (ETC) Parent Training – designed as an interactive learning experience specifically for current and prospective adoptive and foster parents. The CONNECT Course (9 weeks) and PREPARE Course (6 weeks) in an interactive small group environment that meets weekly for about two hours.
- Created to Connect – Twelve-week study of The Connected Child with a Christian & biblical perspective. Intended for any caregiver in the life of a foster or adoptive child.
- Parenting Workshops – Training on specific topics to build strong families and healthy children.
- Saddleback College – Foster & Kinship Care Education Parenting Classes FREE parenting classes – REGISTER HERE
WELLNESS & RESILIENCY
- Making Sense of Your Worth – 8-week class
- Parent & Adult Wellness Circles
- Teen Wellness Circles
- Teen Compass
- Living Compass 4-Week Classes
- Grief and Loss
- Emotional Wellness
- Wellness Through Spiritual Practices
- Aging Well
- Healthy Eating
- Anchored Bible Study on Self Worth – 10 week class
- Foster/Adoption/Kinship Parent Yoga Class – Trauma-Sensitive Holy Yoga class for parents of Foster, Adoptive, and Kinship children to address caregiver stress and secondary trauma
- Kids Yoga Class – Trauma-Sensitive Holy Yoga class for children from hard places.
- All Intersections Yoga Class – Trauma-Sensitive Holy Yoga class for anyone intersecting with the care of Foster, Adoptive, and Kinship children to address caregiver stress and secondary trauma.
- Family Wellness Workshop – Introductory workshop class for parents & children in Foster/Adoption/Kinship families. Highlighting Wellness and Resiliency skills for families.
- Caseworker/Therapist/Caregiver Workshop – Introductory trauma-sensitive workshop class for caseworkers, therapists and caregivers who support Foster/Adoption/Kinship families.
PARENT & FAMILY DIRECT SUPPORT
- Resource Line – Available for in-person/telephone/FaceTime support to families in crisis. Providing resources, compassion, tools & nurture groups for families.
- Parent Mentoring – Linking parent mentors and mentees to provide one-to-one support.
- Parent Connection Night – Nights out (childcare included) with brief Educational components to connect parents to spouses and others in the community.
- Dude’s Night Out – last Wednesday of each month – 6:30-8:30pm Burger Parlor, 204 N Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, CA 92832 – ON HAITUS
- Online Community & Education – Providing resources, tools, discussion, and education for families in an online community group.
CONNECT AT www.facebook.com/groups/RESPITE.OCUnited
- Resource Library – Books, Videos, and other educational material to Parents and Caregivers to support parenting and healing process.
- Support Group – Regular educational and support group meetings for caregivers, childcare included (must complete Childcare Waiver).
2nd & 4th Sundays of each month | 2-3:30pm | OC United 434 Pre-registration required for childcare – contact Renae by the Thursday before at firstname.lastname@example.org
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & TRAININGS
- Trauma-Informed Environments Workshops – 4-hour Trauma-Informed Introductory Training with overview of TBRI® (Trust-Based Relational Interventions)
- Children’s Ministry Trauma-Informed Training – 2-hour Trauma-Informed Care training for Children’s Ministry programs to introduce TBRI principles.
- Friends & Family Training – Short training to introduce ETC & TBRI principles to Friends and Family of families with kids from hard places.
- Building Trauma-Sensitive Classrooms Workshops – Workshops and in-service trainings for Educators and Administrators to review Trauma-Informed principles and provide tangible and practical interventions in classroom and school settings.
- Equipping After-School Program Trainings – Workshops for After- School Program Administrators and Facilitators to learn Trauma-Informed principles and provide practical interventions in classroom & school settings.
- Local Classroom Support – Provide classroom supplies, intervention “cheat sheets,” and Trauma -Sensitive resources (i.e., fidgets) for teachers of kids from hard places.
- Community Education Opportunities – Simulcast Conferences, Panel Discussions, Film Screenings and Info Meetings to inform, educate, and engage community members and organizations in the mission of supporting the families of children in out-of-home placements.