WHOLE CHILD, WHOLE FAMILY, WHOLE COMMUNITY
EQUIPPING FOR HEALING
TraumaWise provides trauma-informed care for children, families, and the community around them. We equip and support families and communities to engage in healing those who have experienced developmental adversity; we do this by offering trainings, tools, resources, wellness resources, and classroom interventions to support educate our community to become trauma-informed!
We see you and we are here for you! We have a number of resources available including a Needs Assessment Form and Facebook Community so that you can receive support.
- FAMILY NEEDS ASSESSMENT: Please fill out our Needs Assessment Form so we can provide support!
- FACEBOOK COMMUNITY: Join our Facebook Community and become part of a trauma-informed community.
Renae M. Dupuis
(Director of Trauma and Whole-Person Care)
at email@example.com or 714-515-3094
BECOME A PARTNER
Get involved with the TraumaWise Program and step into the gap for community members!
- BOOK A TRAINING OR WORKSHOP: You can book a Trauma-Informed Environment or TBRI® (Trust Based Relational Intervention) Training at YOUR business, organization, school, or church. Email Renae at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- VOLUNTEER: Join our Trauma-Informed Childcare Team so parents can attend trainings, workshops, and other programs! Fill out a volunteer application today!
- INTERN: Learn and grow with the OC United TraumaWise Program! Roles include case management, working with children & families, community engagement, program coordination, marketing, and more! Email to Apply
- WHOLE FAMILY PARTNERSHIP: Become a Whole Family Partner, providing wraparound and tangible support to TraumaWise families through a $90/month donation commitment.
- RESOURCE LIBRARY: Help us fill our Family Resource Library by purchasing books on our Amazon Wish List.
- CARE COMMUNITIES: Join a Care Community and become a tangible support to a family! Learn more HERE.
UPCOMING TraumaWise EVENTS & TRAININGS
Click on any of the buttons below to register for an upcoming event!
Anchored Bible Study
Fridays, Oct 15, 22, 29, Nov 5, 12, 19, Dec 3, 10, 17Learn More
TBRI Thursdays | Intro & Overview (online)
Thursday, October 7, 14, 21, 28 (6:30pm - 8:30pm)Register
TBRI Saturdays | Correcting Principles - October (online and in-person)
Saturday, October 16 (9:00am - 5:00pm)Learn More
Trauma-Informed Environments Workshop
Saturday, November 13 (8:30am - 12:30pm)Register
TBRI Thursdays | Connecting Principles - November (online)
Thursdays, November 4, 11, 18 (6:30pm - 8:30pm)Register
TBRI Saturdays | November Skills Lab
Saturday, November 20 (9:00am - 5:00pm)Register
TBRI 3-day Bootcamp
Weekend, TBD (9:00am - 6:00pm)Register
- TBRI ® (Trust-Based Relational Intervention) Caregiver Training
- Session #1 – Introduction & Overview
- Session #2 – Empowering Principles
- Session #3 – Connecting Principles
- Session #4 – Correcting Principles
- Session #5 – TBRI Skills Lab
- Parenting for Positive Self-Worth – 8-week series of practically-based, attachment-rich, and trauma-informed parenting classes to help develop clear strategies for creating a healing home.
WELLNESS & RESILIENCY
- Making Sense of Your Worth (Adults, Teens, and 8-12 year-old) – 8-week class
- Parent & Adult Wellness Circles
- Teen Wellness Circles
- Teen Compass
- Living Compass 4-Week Classes
- Grief and Loss
- Emotional Wellness
- Wellness Through Spiritual Practices
- Aging Well
- Healthy Eating
- Anchored Bible Study on Self Worth – 10-week class
- Trauma-Sensitive and Restorative Yoga Classes
- Family Wellness Workshop – Introductory workshop class for parents of children with developmental adversity. Highlighting Wellness and Resiliency skills for families.
- Caseworker/Therapist/Caregiver Workshop – Introductory trauma-sensitive workshop class for caseworkers, therapists, and caregivers who support healing families
PARENT & FAMILY DIRECT SUPPORT
- Parent Mentoring – Linking parent mentors and mentees to provide one-to-one support.
- Dude’s Night Out – last Wednesday of each month – 6:30-8:30pm – ON HIATUS
- Online Community & Education – Providing resources, tools, discussion, and education for families in an online community group.
CONNECT AT www.facebook.com/groups/RESPITE.OCUnited
- Resource Library – Books, Videos, and other educational material to Parents, Caregivers, and Community Members to help support the healing process.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & TRAININGS
- Trauma-Informed Environments Workshops – 4-hour Trauma-Informed Introductory Training with overview of TBRI® (Trust-Based Relational Interventions)
- Children’s Ministry Trauma-Informed Training – 2-hour Trauma-Informed Care training for Children’s Ministry programs to introduce TBRI principles.
- Friends & Family Training – Short training to introduce TBRI principles to Friends and Family of families with kids with developmental adversity.
- Building Trauma-Sensitive Classrooms Workshops – Workshops and in-service trainings for Educators and Administrators to review Trauma-Informed principles and provide tangible and practical interventions in classroom and school settings.
- Equipping After-School Program Trainings – Workshops for After- School Program Administrators and Facilitators to learn Trauma-Informed principles and provide practical interventions in classroom & school settings.
- Local Classroom Support – Provide classroom supplies, intervention “cheat sheets,” and Trauma-Sensitive resources (i.e., fidgets) for teachers of kids with developmental adversity.
- Community Education Opportunities – Simulcast Conferences, Panel Discussions, Film Screenings and Info Meetings to inform, educate, and engage community members and organizations in the mission of supporting the families of children with developmental adversity.