CARE, CONNECTION, RESPONSE, PROGRAMS
Resources & Programs:
We will all be spending a lot more time online, at-home, and remotely so we are making resources like online community, trainings, workshops, online chaplain, and more available.
- HELP OUT: Help us provide for our people by donating food, sanitation materials, or make a donation to keep our lights on.
- LEARN MORE: Caregiver Trainings & Workshops
- RECEIVE CARE: Emotional & Spiritual Resources
Responding to COVID-19:
In order to serve our program participants in response to COVID-19, we will be pivoting all in-person resources and programs into a virtual state until further notice.
Our programs will continue to operate but gathering and in-person services will be adjusted in compliance with CDC and US Government recommendations & regulations.
As we look to provide for our own loved ones’ needs during this time of uncertainty, let us not forget the people in our community without loved ones to turn to.
Because of COVID-19,
EVERYTHING around us is being cancelled…
EXCEPT for care.
OC United is about moving people from isolation and into community and healing — so during this time, it is paramount that our work continues stronger now than ever.
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com
Care cannot be canceled because as fear rises, care is all we have left. For many of our families, fear is a norm, but with care we can help bring hope in the midst of fear.
Caleb ParkerProgram Manager, United Kids After-School Program
If you would like to bring in a physical donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on social media to confirm open office hours.
Office located at 418 W Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA
- Make a Financial Donation: With everyone tightening their budgets and barring themselves in we need YOUR HELP to keep this work going. Support OC United financially by clicking the DONATE button on our website or going to www.ocunited.org/donate
- Items Needed for COVID-19 Response: [CLICK HERE for a downloadable list]
- Sanitation Supply Donations: Help us provide much needed sanitation materials for our program participants! (Soap, Wipes, Disinfecting Sprays, etc).
- Invite Grocery Stores to partner with us: [CLICK HERE for the letter]
Email email@example.com if you have any questions!
ONLINE TRAININGS & WORKSHOPS
We might be on lockdown for awhile anyway so why not CONNECT and GROW through some online trainings and workshops!
- OCU Learn: Online interactive structure for elementary students who don’t have a current educational plans in place during a school closure – [Click Here]
- Parent Online Wellness Circle (6-week program): will launch next week (Date/time TBD) – Email firstname.lastname@example.org for info
- Teen Online Wellness Circle (6-week program): will launch next week (Date/time TBD) – Email email@example.com for info
Email Renae at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Emotional & Spiritual Resources
We know that these times are extra trying for all of us. We want to provide outlets for processing and care for our whole community.
- Online Chaplain / Pastor : Call, text, message our staff chaplain to process, pray, seek counsel, and more – Contact Mike anytime on his cell at 562-773-1968 or email@example.com
- Instagram LIVE Together: Join the OC United staff chaplain / pastor & team every week day at 1PM at www.instagram.com/ocunitednpo
- Anchored Virtual Bible Study: Meets Weekly (3 different track options) starting Tuesday, March 24th – Click for More Info
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Social Distancing: It’s Nothing NewMarch 17, 2020
Social Distancing: It’s Nothing New Blog by Mike Carman Social distancing is the new and...Continue Reading
Safe, Heard, and KnownFebruary 28, 2020
Safe, Heard, and Known by Daniel Ramos (THRIVE Program, Resident Mentor) *** NOTE: Names have...Continue Reading